Wednesday, July 06, 2005

The land of the Mormons "UTAH - Red State"

Yep, that's where I'm at now. I'm at Salt Lake City which appears to be a very conservative state (which it is - very pro-republican). Also, the majority of the people here (the Utahns) are Mormons.

I didn't know much about Mormonism until I befriended someone here in Utah who told me all about them.In a nutshell, Mormons are very reserved and conservative. Strong Mormons believe they must be polygamists (there are 10's of thousands of them who are polygamists), they don't drink coffee or any caffeinated drinks and they believe that the Bible is God's revelation to the Jews and the East, while the Book of Mormon is His revelation to the Americans and the West.

I have not seen a single christian symbol round here in Utah. I've only seen temples for the mormons.In a nutshell, Mormonism is a pseudo-Christian cult. I've met a number of Mormons through a friend (well, they are raised as Mormons) and it appears the newer generation don't quite follow or agree with it but just live with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home