Friday, July 01, 2005

JFK Airport in NYC

Ahead of me is Dunkin Donuts, behind me is Famiglia Pizzeria, diagonally behind me is Chinese Bistro and next to it is a fancy Desert Deli with all kind of cheesecakes, fruit tarts, custards and cakes you could dream of.

I’m sitting in the center of all this, the center of all the gates. All I see are people eating like they’ve been starving to death.This new thing, “people watching” thing is quite amusing. I’ve been watching, observing, analyzing all kinds of people, all age groups and colors.

Young African American boys dressed the ghetto style, girls under 15 close to being anorexic talking about g-strings and fashion fads, old ladies looking for a chair to sit on and just doze off, young kids restless, a girl wanting her pink frosted donut that is sold out at Dunkin Donuts, a lady wanting a lemonade coolata that they no longer make and people like myself obsessing to connect to the internet (wireless hotspot) for free!

Passengers mad because their flight has been delayed – looks like mine will be too. I got lucky with a lady who kindly smiled when I asked her if I can take the seat by her table, she smiled “sure” – the power of kindness spreads positively all around.

Oh boy, people of all kinds can only be found here in NYC… the classy look, the sophisticated look, the hippy look, the ghetto look, the eccentric look and oh a few hoochie mommas here and there, foreigners from just about every country you could think of including Oman ! yay!

That’s JFK for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home