Thursday, June 30, 2005

off to catch a flight...

I'm officially diagnosed with travel anxiety.

The last time I was on a plane; I vividly remember my heart racing. A guy sitting one row behind me on the opposite end kept talking on the phone (he had an accent between Khaleeji and Egyptian and then it turned into Palestinian) so that was a distraction that kept me thinking "where is he really from?". Anyhow, he was an Arab. Well dressed, clean jeans, waxed hair and looked a bit pretentious.

During take off, the guy starts praying. I panicked. Yes, I actually panicked. All these crazy thoughts going through my head "oh shit, is he going to do what I think he might do?". Has the media really brainwashed me to be suspecting that innocent individuals have something up their sleeves that's so evil?I kept telling myself, if he looks like he's upto something and I'm certain then I'm just going to jump up and down "I'm an Arab, please don't do anything to harm us".

Oh boy, isn't that SAD!Not to mention all the other men that I see who are long bearded or just look Eastern (Arab, Pakistani etc). My hand just slaps my chest "please god, don't let it happen". Yes, sad, really sad!

Ok, I'm off now... hope the travel anxiety subsides by the time I reach JFK airport.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home