Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Rasta Man Undercover

This afternoonSitting aloneA small park between 33rd & 34th st by Broadway st & 6th Av. There's this little park right in the center of traffic. I order a coffee and sit by myself,

Trying to enjoy all the chaos around me. Few mins later a fair african american asks if he can sit in the empty seat next to me.
I said "yeah sure"
He goes "how many languages do you speak?"
I said "I speak two and understand another two"
He goes "what would u call a person who speaks 4 languages?"
I go "quadlingual"
he goes "and 3 languages?"
I go "tri-lingual?"
he goes "and 2 languages?"
I go "bi-lingual"
he goes "and one language?"
I go "ummm, I don't know, mono-lingual?"
He goes "no, American".

I giggled and then asked him where he was from, he said he was American.To my surprize, he spoke arabic and said he can speak better hebrew. He explained he has an egyptian friend who is married to an Israeli woman. He then whispers something. I couldn't hear him...He whispered again,I still couldnt hear...Then the 3rd time, I hear him saying "do you want a bag of weed?"

I smiled and said "does it look like I need to smoke up?" I smiled and said "no, thank you". The guy seemed too proper and decent although he was dressed in his Jamaican style with his long dreadlocks.

Was he an under cover cop trying to set me up? What if I had said yes just for the fun of it?Would I have been arrested/deported? damn...Just wondering!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home