Saturday, November 04, 2006

Terrified? Terrorfied?

I no longer watch the news. I have a TV in my room that I did not switch on for the past 11 months. I listen to the headlines in the morning, in my car when I drive to work. I read the headlines on the newspaper that is left on my desk. I don’t read. I take pictures of the bold headlines, the colored ones in blue, the highlighted ones in red, from big to small. I absorb the pictures. Today, a picture of an old woman veiled and dressed in white holding two beautiful young women, veiled in black, each in one arm, their faces burried on her shoulder and neck, their hands on their mouth, their face creased in agony; mourning over the death of two brothers.

I’m not sure if this interests me anymore. Middle East is going through a gory drama show, evolving at the speed of light. I’m not anxious about the indolent Middle Eastern world or whether it’s being occupied or terrorized or our people hypocritcally glorifying our presidents or western imperialism spreading in the Middle East region. You know why? Because at the end of the road, we, the people decide everything, not our presidents. Knowledge will reach it’s balance, it will be available to all of us. Oh, the fall of civilization, we know what they witness. Call me an islamofascist, joke around that I can tresspass private property if I just strap on ten dynamites around my chest, I don’t care.

I’m the terrorist but history’s terrorist is today’s hero invading other countries in the name of demoncrazy and freekill. Another version of a French revolution, lock the churches and slaughter the priests and monarchs…Sadly, you think you can create a kingdom under whoever the hell you are gravely undermining the resistance you will wage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home