Thursday, August 17, 2006

Rambling II

Being a Nationalist is what has caused us as beings of earth to fall apart, excuses to be Almighty God and differentiate who deserves to live and who must die. A few sick politicians and dumb twisted leaders poisoning the minds of their innocent people, fighting in the name of screwed up ideals (corporatism) by using their people as destructive weapons and false shields. This war may have been between X and Z... sadly, each side claiming to be a winner, the thing is, in the eyes of those lives who were taken away unnaturally, nobody is a winner... X and Y fought but they killed z... I just cannot comprehend anything. I swear to God, in the past month, I felt like I didn't belong here on earth.

Anyhow, I shouldn't get all worked up because I know I didnt get to even witness all the atrocity, suffering and agony that my beloved people did with their naked tearful eyes and vulnerable souls. Nevertheless, I did witness the kindness of the people first hand, the good happy spirited people they were when I was a guest in their country, the beautiful country, a place where I said to myself I would so love to retire here one day and I've befriended enough people from that region in the past many years who swiftly entered my heart and stayed there. I met their parents, their siblings, their cousins etc... and they were all so nice and warm. You can't forget all that. You can't ignore their pain when they pour their heart out in devastation. You can't ignore them when they helplessly say that they may be the next target and maybe it's best we say goodbye now before it's too late. I can't turn away, even if I did with my body; my heart can't turn away. I stepped foot on that fertile soil, I saw scars from the civil war and it saddened me inside. I forget a lot but I can never forget how people make me feel, how the country greeted me with a warm welcome, how I felt when I was on that plane flying over the mountains that were covered in a blanket of snow during that summer of 2004.

If and when I revisit - I will not wait for it to be rebuilt. My love for it is deeper than that. I have a few things in mind, to capitalise my passion with something more meaningful in life. At least, then, I will rest in peace otherwise, I'm a disgrace to earth.

I continue to pray and wish and hope and dream...AMEN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home