Sunday, June 11, 2006

inspired today...




















Dear Allah:

When you give me wealth, don’t take away my joy
When you give me power, don’t take away my intelligence
When you give me success, don’t take away my modesty
When you give me a lover, don’t take away my dignity

Don’t allow me to be arrogant if I succeed nor break-down if I fail
Remind me that failings come before successes
Teach me that forgiveness it the ultimate form of strength
And that love for vengeance is the worshipping of weaknesses

If I lose my wealth, give me health and nothing more
If I lose my victory, give me hope to conquer my failings
If I lose the blessing of health, then give me the blessing of faith

If I do people wrong, give me courage to express regret and apologize
If people do me wrong, give me the power to bear mercy and forgive

Teach me to love others the way I love myself
Teach me to judge myself the way I judge others

Help me say the truth in difficult times
For being weak is a strength in itself
Help me not do people wrong in cruel times
For being weak will make others stronger

*written after being inspired while reading an arabic paper

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home