Friday, December 16, 2005

Educational Psychologists

Do Educational Psychologists exist in Oman?

Are any at all employed by local education authorities to tackle problems associated with learning difficulties, social or emotional problems?

I've noticed a number of kids suffer from learning difficulties which ultimately becomes a social and emotional problem. One of my cousins was at Sultan's School and he has now been transferred to ABA because they supposedly have educational Psychologists, however, his mom has not witnessed much of an improvement. If anything, the 10 year old boy told me that the kids at school call him 'stupid'. That just broke my heart.

Does the government carry out any research on this matter? Do others feel strongly about this? In my humble opinion, a learning disability is probably more traumatizing than being physically disabled.

P.s. Happy B'day my dear beloved cousin Luby... Wish I was closer to celebrate it with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home