Sunday, December 11, 2005

Oil Depot Explosion @Hempstead











People shaken out of their bed at 6am by a petrol depot exploding near their houses. No damage done for most part, I think, but over 3,000 people have been evacuated, some have been asked to seal their doors and windows because of the thick smoke... and some have spent hours watching flames, thick smoke and fireballs leap into the air.The environmental damage is going to be phenomenal (I hope not though).

I don't get one thing. I was 40 miles away from the blast and I didn't hear a thing. On the news, they claimed that Holland heard the blast! I find that hard to believe or perhaps while reporting the news, they just made a big bobo. Oh well!

Mum - you're adorable. You had no reason to panic - I'm pretty far from it and this weekend, I head back to Manchester which means I'll be further away from it. Big hug oxo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home