Tuesday, March 07, 2006

World Summit of Innovation and Entrepreneurship

This will be held in Oman on April 1-3, 2006. I'm in disbelief. I read this in the papers today, decided to check out the website and found out that one of the confirmed speakers is Dr. Deepak Chopra!!! (photo below - I SO HAD TO) Ok, I know he may be over-rated, celebrities love him and I've heard he gets paid $10,000 for an hour of his time or something quite ridiculous. Others include Lebanese Minister of Telecom of Lebanon, Jordanian Minister of Industry and Trade, Bahraini Minister of Industry and Commerce, Founder & Chairman of Arab International Women's Forum, VP of Oracle, VP of Cisco systems, lots of shots from UN and lots of other profiles.

Topics covered: infrastructure and competitiveness, disruptive innovations and value creation, growth strategies and prosperity, knowledge and development, energy and sustainable environment, geopolitics and innovation society... followed by interactive sessions.

I'd really love to meet Dr. Chopra though :-( too bad this summit is irrelevant to my job. Maybe I should just consider starting up my own business so I can attend such summits because I bet this one will be very interesting and mind stimulating. Forget everything, the power of networking would be so rewarding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home