Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentine's Day Over-rated?

Isn't it too much pressure to designate a day to stage your love for a person? Evidently, in the past decade or so, it's been extremely commericialized. I was just reading the paper and in India there was a widespread vandalism denouncing the western concept of romance, they went around destroying v-cards etc...or in China, the more edgy thing now is plastic surgery for him/her to torture the couple's pocket and fatten the pockets of greeting card companies/flower shops/jewelry shops.

The saddest part is when those who don't have a loved one actually feel bad! over what? a fake holiday! ohhh dear, the broken hearted listening to sad love songs and crying about it today more than any other day. Boohoo, insularity fever spreads.

What has our world come to?Anyhow, I can't deny that I felt on top of the world today when my younger brother left me a card this morning. Not because it's Valentine's day but I suppose the timing and the fact that I didn't expect it is what colored my day with joy and the 'aww, I love you my baby bro'. I would've felt the same way any other day too.Oh well, just ranting really.

I know I'm going to end up buying a nice big box of chocolates for my baby bro - he loves them and he appreciates me all year round :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home