Saturday, March 11, 2006

New Kuwaiti Law for Driver's License

I read this somewhere yesterday but I can't remember where and can't find the website anymore. Anyhow, I read that the new Kuwaiti law requires foreigners to be a degree holder to be eligible for a driver's license. Oh, you must also have lived there for at least 2 years.

This doesn't make sense to me at all and it was bugging me so much that I had to blog it.I have one too many comments on this one:

1. It's very ignorant to think that a degree holder is a safer driver on the road.
2. Does this mean that tourists will not be allowed to drive when they visit Kuwait?
3. What is the purpose of requiring you to be there for at least 2 years in order to have a driver's license?
4. What happens to all the Indian drivers who drive their masters around?

I'd totally appreciate this initiative if they said everyone is required to go through a defensive driving course or what not but a graduate degree? that's ridiculous!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home