Thursday, January 12, 2006

Value of the new 'One' Omani Rial (FUNNY!)

This is incredibly hilarious. Rumors went around that they were a limited edition (some claimed as low as 10,000 of them), then rumors went around that they are so limited that their value is going to go up very soon. My brother works at a bank so I asked him to get me one hundred of them.Anyhow, then I heard on first day of Eid that apparently, the new One Rials were being sold for Ten Rials at PDO. People were begging to buy it from others who had it for that much! Had, I known, I would have made upto one thousand rials.

My distant cousin works at CBO and she just laughed and said 'I don't get these rumors, 10 million of them have been circulated, I feel sorry for those who paid 10 rials!'. Ignorance of some is a bliss for others indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home