Monday, August 22, 2005

"Two Women" (Iranian Movie)











A melodrama illustrating the powerful position of men over women in the Irani society. The length of the movie and the drama of it all reminded me of Indian movies I watched in my childhood. Just endless pain, cries, tragic events where the viewer himself/herself gives up.For me, this movie was an experience.

I've got two really good Iranian friends and I now kind of know what they were talking about regarding their society and the harshness women have to endure although women have tried so much for a social change, fighting for education, to be an equal to their husband instead of being blamed for everything including the faults of a man.

It's also a good reminder of how dignity and honor is all mixed up and twisted in some fundamentalistic Muslim societies.Quite a tragic movie. Ofcourse, don't expect great cinematography because it's more of a class B in that aspect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home