Saturday, August 20, 2005

Broken Flowers

Paid $10.75 for this movie only because I loved the movie "lost in Translation" but after this movie ended, I was like "huh, what the heck? this is it?". I thought I should've watched "The March of the Penguins".

I decided to think it over like I do with many movies and understand why this movie won some awards and was rated 4.5 stars out of 5.

It seems like in the past 5 years, Murray has been brilliant at acting as this miserable lifeless emotionless middle aged man who is on a mission to seek some purpose in his life.

In this movie, it starts off with his gf walking out on him. He receives a letter from one of his annonymous gfs claiming that she had his kid 20 years ago and the story goes on where he goes through this journey revisiting all his past gf's to find out who the mother really is and to perhaps meet his son.

A bizarre movie. Nothing special about the story line (as a matter of fact - unimpressive) but the point of this movie is how all the moments are filmed, how the middle-aged Murray deals with the events in the movie.

Quite a dry ending but I guess that's what makes the movie all the better for those who aren't into mainstream hollywood kind of movies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home