Friday, October 01, 2004

Everything is going wrong?

I've been in DC for the past month. Everything went wrong when I first got here; hotel didn’t want to check me in because my details were different, the lease office did not leave any keys to my apartment after I checked out of the hotel, rental car gets a flat tire just when I'm about to jump in and head to the airport to catch a flight, even worse couldn’t check out of the hotel because the credit card of the firm was rejected so I had to pay, then comes this dodgy cable guy to fix my internet connection and starts telling me that he served in the Iraq war for 16 months and proudly says that he was the one who bombed the mosque (the time when there was a wedding in there). I tried not to show any sign of emotion, I can tell he was attentive to my body language. Oh well, it's all good now. I've settled down although my journey initially felt like a horror movie … now it's more like a tragic comedy. As the saying goes "when you feel, it's a tragedy, when you think, it's a comedy"... so true!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home