Saturday, May 22, 2010

always 29 years ... cherished forever

Exactly 2 years ago today, we didn't know we were about to lose an important person in our lives; Khaldun (Allah yirhamo) was taking his last breaths on earth. He came and left so quickly. He changed my life forever.

It feels like ages since he's been gone, but also, it feels just like yesterday. I asked why so many times, I tried to hide, I tried to wake up, I tried to find him but I was only left with immortal memories that seep through my grief. There's not a day that he's not missed or loved so much. I hear his name recited at least 100 times a day when mom prays. He is with us all the time, 500 times a day.

I never made it on time to say goodbye. I guess I would never have been the same, I couldn't have let him go; see my own flesh and blood going inside the stomach of this earth.

Khaldun was not meant to be here on earth, to be alive for long; he was an angel in passing to touch people's hearts. I know as the pain fills our hearts, he is watching above smiling down at us that everything will be okay.

Khaldun my sweetheart, you are free to run with the angels....and I can't wait to find you again. If we had choices of living and dying - mom and I would be tempted to join you. I hope you are resting well my angel, my cherished little brother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home